History of West Meade
West Meade, is located to the west of Belle Meade and includes some of the nicest homes in Nashville. It is named after the West Meade Mansion (located on Old Harding Road off of Highway 70). The 1800+ acres that are now West Meade and the mansion that gives it its name were both a gift from William Giles Harding, the owner of the Belle Meade Mansion to his daughter and son in law in the late 1890’s.
West Meade is home to two of Nashville’s greatest families: The Harding's (owners of the Belle Meade Plantation and Mansion) and The Hill’s creator’s of The Hill Center in Green Hills, Hill Center in Brentwood, Hill Center in Hillsboro Village and before that, hundreds of H.G. Hill Grocery stores around the state and the southeast.
West Meade is a hidden jewel in Nashville in that it is located minutes from Green Hill’s shopping (Nordstroms, Restoration Hardware, etc.) and 10 minutes from Downtown Nashville and The Gulch which include some of the hottest new restaurants in the country as well as museums and shopping .
Up and Coming Neighborhood
A quick drive down White Bridge Road or Charlotte Pike will reveal a lot of positive change happening. New restaurants, homes, townhomes, shops, etc. are being built everywhere. Hattie B’s and many other well-known restaurants are less than a mile away. Charlotte Pike was named “Food Mecca” by Style Blueprint, Nashville’s largest trendsetter and curator. https://styleblueprint.com/nashville/everyday/charlotte-avenue-restaurants-nashville-food-mecca/.
Restaurants include Hattie B’s Hot Chicken; farm to table pioneer Farm Burger, and Kien Giang, the best authentic Vietnamese restaurant in Nashville, if not the South.